just call me jane dough :: simple focaccia rolls

Leave a Comment


I know, my joke was a little... dry. Wheat can I say, I love bad jokes!
All joking aside, this is one recipe you knead to know. That was the last one, promise.



Simple focaccia rolls:
• 4 cups flour
• 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
• 1/2 tablespoon salt
• 1.5 to 2 cups water

You can leave these plain or give them a simple coating.
On half I used melted butter, on the rest I
used butter mixed with garlic powder.

Instructions:
1). This recipe cannot be completed in a day. So the day before you'd like to eat them, mix your dry ingredients and water in a bowl. Add the water in intervals, stopping when a wet ball is formed and all of the dry flour is gone from the bottom of the bowl.
2). Cover with a towel or saran wrap and let sit at room temperature for about 18 hours.
3). Your bread should look like the picture below when you can start baking it. Put some flour on top to get the dough out of the bowl and place onto a surface covered in flour.
4). The original recipe says to cut the dough into 4 equal parts, then halve those so you have 12 equal pieces. You can do that or just do what I did and cut them into whatever size you want. Try not to differ them too greatly or they won't all get cooked at the same time.
5). Put the rolls on a baking sheet or two that have been sprayed with non stick spray. This is when you can coat them with something of your choosing. For half I did just butter, for the other half I did garlic (which is just garlic powder mixed with butter).
6). Let rise for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7). Preheat your oven to 425 degree and bake until brown (mine took about 25 minutes).

Wow, it's dough beautiful!

My rolls didn't turn out too... roll-y, just kind of flat.
That's probably because my oven kept turning on and
off for about 30 minutes, so they kept heating up and
 flattening out. Oh well, they still taste good!

Thanks for reading!

0 replies:

Post a Comment